- What's included in the kit?
In the Botanium box you will find:
- Growing medium
- Power plug
- Quick installation guide
- What growing lights can I use?
Don’t use incandescent light bulbs. Use fluorescent lamps, either as light bulbs or as tubes. LED is also good, but it’s not at all neccesary to use the red and blue ones that are called “grow lights”. White light is just fine. Make sure you get a STRONG lamp, plants love to get lots of light. Let it be powered on for 12 hours per day.
- What can be grown in a Botanium?
Herbs & lettuce:
- Rocket salad
- ..and more
- Chili peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Goji berries
- ..and more
- What is the growing medium made of?
The growing medium is made of Light Expanded Clay Aggregate, also called LECA. It is a very porous medium that retains air as well as moisture, which makes it a great medium for roots to grow in.
- How long will the nutrients last, and what to do when finished?
The nutrients included in the kit will last for at least 8-12 months. You would be able to buy the nutrients from our web store or your preferred gardening store.
- How much power does it consume?
Only about 5 mW in average during a day. Since the pump is controlled by a timer, and only is active for a few minutes per day, it uses very little power.
- Is it possible to change settings, such as the watering schedule?
No. The watering schedule is designed to work with all plants. The excess water is collected and reused, so the plant can never be overwatered.
- Is it possible to use ``normal`` soil with Botanium?
No, It won’t work with soil. The principle of this growing method is that the excess of water returns to the container. Normal soid will not allow that, and it will end up suffocating the roots.
- Can I use a USB battery pack to power my Botanium?
It really depends. Some power banks will shut down when the consumption is less than certain threshold.
- What is the life span of growing medium? Will Botanium have any ongoing cost?
No, the growing medium basically lasts forever! However, if you have grown something and want to start over with a new seed, it is recommended to get new medium, as the roots will be very entangled in it. We will provide this on our future web shop, or you could also find it in any gardening store.
- What the size of it?